Our Mission Statement
Making connections with God, other Believers, the Community, and the Lost.
Our Membership Covenant
Having received Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, having experienced a believer’s baptism, and being in agreement with Fort Lewis Baptist's mission statement, I now feel led by the Holy Spirit to unite with the Fort Lewis Baptist Church family. In doing so, I first commit myself to God, and secondly, I commit myself to join with the other members to do the following:
I will protect the unity of my church family
- By acting in love toward other members
- By refusing to gossip
- By following the leaders
Romans 14:19, Ephesians 4:29, Hebrews 13:17
I will share the responsibility of my church
- By praying for its growth
- By inviting ones who do not attend church
- By warmly welcoming those who visit
Philemon 1:4-6, Luke 14:23, Romans 15:7
I will serve the ministry of my church
- By discovering my gifts and talents
- By being equipped to serve by the leaders of the church
- By developing a servant's heart
1 Peter 4:10, Ephesians 4:11-12, Philippians 2:4-5, 7
I will support the testimony of my church
- By attending faithfully
- By living a godly life
- By giving regularly
Hebrews 10:25, Philippians 1:27, 1 Corinthians 16:2
Our Core Values
- Every person is valued by God, so our focus of ministry is to all people.
- Every person has the right to a presentation of the gospel at his or her level of understanding.
- Every person needs a biblical, moral compass to guide and protect him or her throughout life.
- Every follower of Christ has unique gifts that are to be developed and used to strengthen the church.
- Every follower of Christ has a purpose in advancing the global mission of the church of Jesus Christ.
- Every follower of Christ has the right to expect their local church and fellow believers to offer encouragement and support in response to God’s calling upon his or her life.